Bachmann Says Gingrich Has ‘Memory Challenge’

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is pushing back after rival Newt Gingrich called her “factually challenged.”

Campaigning Thursday in Florida, the congresswoman from Minnesota said both Gingrich and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney are guilty of changing positions when it’s politically convenient. And she said Gingrich has a “memory challenge.”

On Wednesday, the former House speaker and college professor said of Bachmann: “In the eyes of a teacher, occasionally I’d have a student who couldn’t figure out where things were, or what things were, or what the right date was. When that happens, you feel sorry that they’re so factually challenged.”

Gingrich’s criticism apparently refers to several instances in which Bachmann has flubbed some facts, such as when she said she would close the U.S. Embassy in Iran — even though the U.S. hasn’t had an embassy there for decades.

Bachmann said of Gingrich: “I think that a professor doesn’t like to be challenged, but I think that his real challenge is a memory challenge.”

Gingrich and Romney are at the top of some national polls in the race for the Republican nomination while Bachmann often appears in single digits.

1. G Dog says:

First, you have to have a brain.

Michele, you don’t qualify.

1. Jasper Ferderov says:

Funny how the liberal media loves to post lousy pictures of this woman. She is no worse or better than our existing Prez. But the media can’t stand to see a smart, conservative woman succeed. Long live the King/Queen!!!

1. Deep Thinker says:

the only person to say this was a lousy picture was you….but hey thanks for calling her ugly for all of us… truely are a dimwit (or otherwise known as a true Bachman Supporter)

2. Brian says:

Have you ever wondered why the media is liberal?? Could it be this is where the smart people come from?? You know, educated, articulate, in the know, fact finders.

3. Naw!! says:

The media isn’t liberal at all. They just seem like it to the average rightie because most media folks have at least some ability to think critically.

4. th says:

Are you kidding? Smart woman? Bachmann doesn’t fall into that category.

2. MIchelle B says:

Would someone please ask Herman Cain to take his hand off my thigh?

2. Watching up North says:

Michelle Bachmann and the 7 Dwarfs

3. robert says:

Go away Michelle. Has this woman spent anytime in Congress representing her district? She needs to return her salary that the taxpayers have paid to her. Talk about waste

4. angus says:

Michelle is not worth commenting about.

5. tom says:

I thought they were both chosen by God to lead us.

6. Michelle, ma belle!! says:

She believes today that her conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator.

And close that Irannian embassy already

7. Oh darn it says:

I damn near wizzed in my pants when laughing….the biggest flake and Winner of Mistakes and Incorrect Comments is getting on the dumb Newt for what the beetch perceives as memory challenge!!! LMFAO
    wait – I see a p[uddle under my chair….I indeed did Bachwizz . Darn it – what shall my hubby say when he sees the pees

8. takethemoneyandrun says:

Book’s not selling so well huh Michelle?

9. Richard in Minneapolis says:

I would not be just a nuffin’
    My head all full of stuffin’
    My heart all full of pain
    I would dance and be merry
    Life would be a ding-a-derry
    If I only had a brain

10. out of her league says:

11. CUrIOus says:

is this one of the burn victims from that school today?

12. YOU HATERS!! says:

Quit making fun of her!!

She can’t help it if she’s a doof.

13. Me says:

Ah yes, the old “I know you are but what am I?” defense.

14. Swamp Rat says:

Here we go again making anything said about Bachmann a news story. She has had her 15 minutes of fame and then some. Why give her anymore. The GOP/T-Bag candidate field must be hurting for things to say if they attack each other. Too bad Bachmann is making herself a target for ridicule. Maybe she is doing this for her expected(?) run for Congress again. LMOA!

Don’t you agree?

15. Kirk Allen Larson says:

Dear Mrs. Bachmann. You seem like a nice enough person. But for every 1 person that encourages you to continue, there are 3 people that tell you to hang it up. Also, you’ve made enough mistakes during the campaign that no Republican is going to hand you a cushy job in their cabinet. Face the facts Mrs. Bachmann. You are wasting people’s time at this point in the Presidential race. Please stop.

16. Not in her district says:

If she is such dumb why does she still get elected to congress? The voters should be the one ashamed. IF YOU DON’T LIKE HER – DON’T VOTE FOR HER!!!

1. Thank God I am not in it says:

Easy one – she is in the District of KoolAid drinkers…the magical kind that Marcus sprinles capsules of his little concoction in.
      If she was running on a state wide vote she’d finsih dead last. lol
      Hey-I am a Republican myself but I have no place for a true blue idiot. That is what she is – factual basis for this comment is everywhere.
      Are you related to her?

17. Murph says:

There seems to be an infestation of brain worms in politics.I hope any remaining GOP voters will quickly make up what’s left of their minds ! It is really sad when Pawlenty is the brightest bulb in the room and he ain’t even there to tellu she is! None of these mentally deficient candidates are fit to baby sit my dog for God’s sake.I’d have to get a bigger turd shovel to clean up after them,the dog is completely house broken,but these idiots? I wouldn’t count on it!

18. Rockfish says:

The problem that the GOP has is it has spent the last 30 years trying to outdo each other on extreme positions and now has a base of wingnuts for who the extreme position has now become the new normal. There is no room to negotiate when you always coming from an extreme position.

19. j speedbag 64 says:

keep it up shelly you are only helping the dems every time you open your trap…..nobody will vote for you………

20. Not in her district says:

Oh good grief no I am not related to her!! I just don’t understand, she keeps being elected to these public offices. Why? If the people hate her so much or think she is an idiot (me included) don’t vote for her. I guess it’s on the principal that you can’t complain about her ideals and then put her into public office. I’m not in her district, but I certainly would love to have a conservation with someone who actually voted for her and their reasons behind it. Yes, she is a national embarrassment to Minnesota, and we do get some good laughs out of her, but I do wonder how smart the people are who keep voting for her.

1. get real says:

She got elected because of gerrymandering. The politicians set the voting districts. When you can cut out all the people that don’t support you, it’s easy for any unqualified moron to get elected. This practice must stop! It’s insidious and un-American. The politicians should NOT be able to choose the voters. Voters are supposed to choose our leaders.

21. get real says:

Maybe she can pray away the stupid the way she tries to pray away the gay.