Minn. Church Plans Session About Ex-Deacon Abuse
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) — Catholic officials in St. Cloud will hold a listening session this weekend to address allegations that a former deacon sexually abused at least two boys some 40 years ago.
The Church of the Holy Spirit will hold a public session Sunday at 4 p.m.
The former deacon hasn’t been charged, but reports of abuse have been filed with St. Cloud police and deputies in Benton and Crow Wing counties.
St. Cloud Diocese officials say they scheduled the meeting because the allegations were deemed credible. Diocese spokeswoman Jane Marrin says officials want to hear from victims and offer them support and services.
The Associated Press is not naming the former deacon because he isn’t charged. He did not immediately return a message left at his home Saturday.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)