Police: Drunken Man, 72, Crashes Into School Bus

ST. CLOUD (WCCO) — St. Cloud Police say a 72-year-old man under the influence of alcohol ran into the rear of a school bus containing nine children.

On Friday at 4:53 p.m., authorities responded to the accident with injuries on the 2600 block of Clearwater Road.

An investigation Harold James Gross of St. Cloud ran into the bus while it was stopped with its lights activated.

The bus driver told police that the bus was stopped long enough that the children were at the front of the bus preparing to exit when they were struck.

Gross, believed to be under the influence of alcohol, was brought to the Stearns County Jail on charges of gross misdemeanor criminal vehicular operation and misdemeanor DUI.

Gross and a juvenile on the bus suffered non-life threatening injuries. Both were medically cleared on scene.

The accident remains under investigation.

Comments

1. Billy says:

Whats the most dangerous drug out there? And its legal.

A little quiz for u dummies.

1. ez says:

Hmm, must be people.

2. AJaquelyn says:

Wher oh where is Ms Senser to help youwith your cause?
      Is she still grabbing all the cases of Mikes hard Lemonade on sale at the Haskell’s everyone? How many can she drink? I wonder if she taught this chap how to drive?
      Go Amy….take Ms Koch with you please

1. sad but true says:

Listen here Jackie, the only reason you cause for celebration, is due to the fact that the suspect is not of your kind…you know, gazelle eating, wilderbeast chasing, spear chucking, bone in the nose wearing Gurs. Somebody almost lost a life, mellow out.

2. Uncle Rico says:

@Billy
    I’m with you man, if alcohol was introduced today having never been seen or heard of before it would be regarded as the most horrific and atrocious substance available. Easy to manufacture, consume, and distribute; and obviously one off the most disturbing substances based on the unpredictable behavior it creates. Do I drink? Yes. Why? Because its legal to do so.

1. Billy says:

I drink for the exact same reason, because its legal to do so.

3. @ hill Billy says:

Yeah, it’s much more dangerous that Meth and Crack. You’re brilliant. Let me guess, you’re a ‘legalize pot’ – head?

1. Uncle Rico says:

you must be a drunk loser. I bet your family and everyone you know hates the thought of you. Your ignorance to evaluate and think critically is profound.

4. and says:

Why didn’t he drive away? I’ve hit a bus drunk, and I just drove away, that was 2 years ago. Dummy!!!!

5. Kevin says:

Thats my Dad! See you for Christmas……

6. Omyaspoketofast says:

Them busses stop way to fast and some bus drivers thin they never make a mistake. I think the bus driver may be at fault in this case.