Grand Ave. Named One Of 10 Prettiest U.S. ‘Hoods

ST. PAUL (WCCO) — There are plenty of pretty neighborhoods in the Twin Cities, but one in particular is being recognized as one of the prettiest.

Forbes Magazine says Grand Avenue in St. Paul is one of America’s Prettiest Neighborhoods.

The magazine says historical heritage meets modern day flair on Grand Avenue.

They cite the many shops and restaurants you can find, along with the historic homes.

Grand Avenue is one of only 10 neighborhoods picked by Forbes as America’s prettiest. Others include Beaverdale in Des Moines, Iowa; Usonia in Pleasantville, N.Y.; and Sedona, Ariz.

1. Brett says:

I’m sure that all of these businesses and homeowners are gushing with pride, until they see their newest PROPERTY TAX BILL. Cry me a river.

2. Kevin says:

Where are the occupy MN folks at? All those rich white folk on Grand! We should all be able to there!!! Oh thats right….they are too busy busting up Bachman speaches…….

3. SSP says:

Grand ave, are you kidding me? Summit yes, Grand ave, not even close.

4. Brett says:

Wouldn’t be caught DEAD walking along Grand Ave. What is so fricking special about that area, anyway?? Don’t tell me that I can’t appreciate GOOD art, what I have a problem with is appreciating BAD ART.

5. Bill Clintons Cigar says:

North Mpls missed out again?????

6. JS says:

That is an old neighborhood, still much as it was when my grandparents moved there in 1933. It’s large enough that developers can’t easily change it. The bakery we shopped at on Syndicate and Randolph 35 years ago is still there with only a modified front (PJ Murphy’s). That’s how a city should be. Why fix what isn’t broken? A home should be a home for generations; not a play ground for developers and greedy local politicians.

1. Stupid Politition says:

But Block E is such a sucess!