Owner: This Man Robbed My Popcorn Shop

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A man robbed a popcorn shop in the south metro Saturday night and threatened the cashier with a knife, the shop’s owner said.

Brian Goetz owns Tom’s Popcorn Shop, which is located on the 4000 block of Cedar Avenue South. He said a man entered his shop around 9 p.m. with an open backpack.

The man then made small talk with the cashier to see if she was alone. When he learned she was, he pulled out a knife and asked for money, Goetz said.

The man hopped behind the counter, told the cashier to get on the floor and stole an unknown amount of cash from the register. After stealing the cash, he ran off.

The cashier suffered no injuries, Goetz said.

The shop’s surveillance captured video of the robber. He appears to be wearing a dark hooded jacket.

Authorities have been notified, and a report has been filed.

1. ziggy says:

I wonder if he grabbed a bag of Chicago Mix popcorn on the way out! LOL

2. Carl says:

If you own or work in any store in the Metro you need to get a gun. Dont bring a knife to a gun fight chump!

3. Kevin says:

I just dont get it. If I say anything about this guy….I am a racist. But a Popcorn Store? Really? Whats next a baseball bat at a DQ? I guess armed robbery is NOT a violent crime, as violent crime is down in Mpls……..unless your the cashier at a Popcorn shop….then violent crime just rose 100%…….

1. Popcorn Lover says:

They don’t take credit cards, that’s why.

4. Popcorn? Call the catcher says:

Call Poppy Montgomery …. anything popping she’ll git er figured out
    I’ll plant some Poppy seeds if I can to and she if they’ll grow

5. Make my day, you uselss afro-american says:

Boy, how I wish a walked in on that! Believe me, the gay black boy would have been carried out, likely in a body bag.

6. tom says:

Why did you throw the comment of being gay? Very hatefull , most likely he was staight!

7. ed nunn says:

Hey wait a minute – I know that guy!..It’s 2pac!!..