Jack Jablonski Leaves The Hospital

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A paralyzed Minnesota high school hockey player has left the hospital and entered a rehabilitation program.

A spokeswoman says Jack Jablonski left Hennepin County Medical Center on Monday. Jablonski had been hospitalized since his injury in a Dec. 30 hockey game.

On his CaringBridge website, Jablonski’s family says he is entering the Sister Kenny Rehabilitation Institute at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis.

Jablonski’s family says it’s time for the 16-year-old Benilde-St. Margaret’s sophomore to “move on to the next phase of his journey.” Family members say they can’t thank the doctors, nurses and staff at HCMC enough for “the outstanding care” they gave their son.

Jablonski suffered a severed spinal cord at the neck and two fractured vertebrae after he was checked from behind and hit the boards.

(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. jackactionhero says:

    Keep it up, Jack! We’re all behind you!

    #Jabs
    #13
    #keepitup

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Goin' To The Lake
The Leaderboard

Listen Live