Police Search For Missing 79-Year-Old

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A crime alert has been issued to help police find a missing 79-year-old man who went missing Wednesday.

Authorities say Richard Ernest Paquin left the Essentia Health-St. Joseph’s Medical Center after being discharged in Brainerd around 2:20 p.m. Wednesday by foot and hasn’t been seen since.

Paquin was waiting for a family member when he disappeared, according to the crime alert.

Paquin is described as a 5-foot-11 white man, 210 pounds with gray hair and last seen wearing dark “Wrangler” cargo-style pants, brown boots, a gray stocking cap and a gray hooded sweatshirt.

Family said Paquin suffers a medical condition that requires medication and is easily confused and disoriented.

Anyone with information about Paquin’s whereabouts is asked to call the Brainerd Police Department at 218-829-2805.

Comments

1. Nurse says:

If he is easily confused and disoriented, why was he left alone?

1. RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS says:

EXACTLY MY THOUGHT…THE HOSPITAL KNEW HE’D RUN OFF A COUPLE DAYS PRIOR…MY COUSIN ,HIS SON WAS ON HIS WAY TO PICK HIM UP AFTER DISCHARGE…WHEN HE GOT THERE THE HOSPITAL DIDNT KNOW WHERE HE WENT…

2. rml says:

Why was he ever left alone in the first place? I hope he is found safe.

1. RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS says:

3. Neice says:

I agree. Why WAS he LEFT ALONE?

4. Angry says:

This comment is VERY disrespectful and rude. His family is worried and scared right now and you leave a post like this. Apparently you have no heart and think you are funny. You are not and you need to grow up and get a life. Have some respect for his family.

1. RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS says:

TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT…

5. Angry says:

That last comment was for the jerk that said to check Amy’s vehicle for damage!

6. lawbuff says:

i will keep my eyes open. you never know where he my end up. all of us need to help in this way

7. DARLENE MAHONEY says:

HOPE SOME ONE FINED HIM SOON AND GOD BLESS HIM FAMILY WHO ARE LOOKING FOR HIM I WILL KEEP THAT FAMILY IN MY THOUGHS AND IN MY PARYS .

8. RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS says:

9. Prayers says:

RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS, no word yet? My prayers are with your family and hoping he’s staying warm. My mom has alzheimers and used to run off all the time, it’s so hard and scary.

1. RASHELLE WILLIAMS DEMARS says:

TY SOOOO MUCH… NO WORD!

10. Anita says:

Please help find my Dad,,,, he may have gone by the VA. He is a veteran that served our country!!!! Richard Paquin, with his crew mates, I think it was taken in Ankra, Turkey in 1961.Dad was awarded 2 Distinguished Flying Crosses and an Air Medal, while flying in that RB47. The Distinguished Flying Cross is a medal awarded to any officer or enlisted member of the United States armed forces who distinguishes himself or herself in support of operations. The Air Medal is awarded to any person who, while serving in any capacity in or with the Armed Forces of the United States, shall have distinguished himself/herself by meritorious achievement while participating in aerial flight by “heroism or extraordinary achievement while participating in an aerial flight.

11. Prayers says:

Anita, I am praying for him to be found soon. Does the hospital have him on camera leaving so you know which direction he started going in? Maybe if it was towards other businesses, he might be on more camera’s so you can narrow down where to find him. I’m not familiar with the area but could he have gotten on a bus or taxi? I assume he was on foot being he was waiting for a ride. On one of my mom’s wanderings, a person had picked her up on the rural highway she was walking on and dropped her off at a cafe/pub in town about 8 miles from her home. Is there a place he always liked to go to? Maybe he got a ride like my mom had.

12. Steve says:

He is my uncle and sadly his body was found today in the river …..

13. Prayers says:

I am so sorry. May my prayers help you through your time of need. RIP

14. Family says:

He was brought there by ambulance and discharged before any family could get up there to pick him up! Please do not judge when you do not know the WHOLE story. This is a very hard loss for my family as we feel this could have been prevented.