Mama V’s Chocolate Nut Fudge Brownies

Frosting Ingredient’s:

½ cup of powdered sugar
1 –tablespoon butter
1-square of unsweetened chocolate
4-tablespoons milk

Brownie directions:

Sift the flour, cocoa, and salt together. In a bowl, add them to the half cup of butter. (Make sure the butter is soft and at room temperature for a while.) Mix well with eggs, vanilla, sugar, and milk. After this is all mixed well, stir in the walnuts. Pour the brownie mixture into a 9×12 greased sheet pan. Bake at 2-25 minutes at 350-degrees.

Frosting directions:

Melt the unsweetened chocolate and butter together in a sauce pan. Do not burn it. Remove from heat and add in the powdered sugar and milk and stir well. Set aside until the brownies are out of the oven. When the brownies are done baking, spread the frosting evenly on top while the brownies are still warm. Enjoy.

More from Frank Vascellaro
Comments

1. Jane says:

I like cashews in brownies (or almonds) not fond of walnuts or pecans.

My sister hates all nuts (including peanuts) so my mother would add corn flakes or rice krispy cereal to brownies (and cookies). Could be because I grew up with this, but these are good alsol.

2. Jill Gagner says:

I am making these brownies right now (with no nuts)

3. rml says:

They sound delicious, I can’t wait to make them! Love the nuts in ’em.

4. pat stager says:

I have a hard time making brownies they never cooperate but I am going to try making these. It is a simple recipe and looked deliciouw.

5. Moni says:

Great recipe, thanks for sharing! Simple ingredients I had on hand made for a fabulous Sunday evening dessert. I made two slight alterations by increasing the vanilla by 1/4 tsp. (I always use the Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract) and needed to add a bit more powdered sugar for thickening of the frosting. To please the palate of all in my family, I added the walnuts to half the pan and gently pressed them in with fork. Loved by all!!

1. Sue says:

If you watch the video again, you will hear them say to add one and a half cups of powdered sugar, not the one-half cup listed in the frosting recipe, Without the extra cup, the frosting is very watery.

6. Nancy McCabe says:

This weekend, Feb. 18, Matt Brickman wanted people to submit names of independent Baristas, he said no Caribou and Starbucks. I CANNOT find this anywhere on your site.
    nancy mccabe

7. carol says:

Bake at 2-25 at 350?
    Sure was hard to ‘find’ the mama v recipe part of the web site.

8. Daniella says:

Zucchini….it’s make me wish I had a garden, but the thhguot of one more thing to keep up with exhausts me! I remember the day my sister would make zucchini bread loved loved it. Maybe I should find a farmers market here in Houston to visit. Thanks for your blog!