Cyclists Head To Minn. Capitol For Summit
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
ST. PAUL (WCCO) — Biking is one of the most popular forms of transportation in the Twin Cities. On Monday, cycling advocates rolled on into the State Capitol.
Supporters packed into the Capitol rotunda — many on bikes. They were there to encourage more state-sponsored cycling programs and funding.
The Bike Caucus is a bipartisan group made up of members in the House and Senate.
The group will work on promoting bike-friendly programs, including the Safe Routes to School program, which could be included in this session’s bonding bill.