Man Hit In Mouth By Vise Recalls Assault

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The man police accused of throwing a vice through the windshield of an Iraq veteran’s vehicle was arrested on Friday. Days after posting bail in Minneapolis, 39-year-old Gerret Parks was arrested again in Polk County Wisconsin after he fled police and nearly rammed into an officer.

Within the past two hours he posted a $2,500 cash bond and was freed again.

Parks was jailed originally in connection with throwing a vise through Jon Stacke’s windshield. After two surgeries to repair his jaw, Stacke is on the mend. He’s focused on his recovery, but he constantly replays the moment he was injured in his mind. He wonders why would someone do something so senseless to a complete stranger.

“I was reaching up to turn my GPS on and that’s when I heard the explosion,” Stacke said.

The sound of shattering glass and the uncontrollable bleeding from his mouth are things Stacke said he’ll never forget.

“My partner…is the one who brought the vehicle under control and called 911,” Stacke said.

Stacke learned later in the hospital that a metal vise came crashing through his windshield.

“It shattered my jawbone, basically down the center,” Stacke said. “They basically had to plate that back together. It knocked out six teeth on the bottom and crushed all the bone down in there, and it knocked out my top tooth.”

Although Stacke suffered horrible injuries, he says it could have been a lot worse.

“I could have been dead,” he said. “Just wrong place, wrong time.”

Stacke said he was not surprised to hear the details of Parks arrest in Wisconsin.

Parks was seen going 70 to 80 mph in a 35 mph zone, according to the the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.

When officers tried to stop Parks, he sped up, blowing through several stops signs and nearly ramming into an officer that attempted to get ahead of him.

Parks eventually stopped and now faces charges of fleeing police, reckless driving, resisting arrest and driving while impaired.

Hennepin County expects to file charges against him in connection with throwing the vise by noon Tuesday.

More from Reg Chapman
Comments

1. John says:

how the hell does this guy get out on bail again is beyond me..

2. Andy says:

God bless the system. Unbelievable. With his record the bail should have been set a lot higher.

3. Rachel says:

Gerret is this you? Sure as hell could be with such a DISRESPECTFUL comment. If you have “heard enough” then WHY take the time to read it again and on top of that, COMMENT about it! What if YOU were the one injured from this psycho loser? Bet you wouldn’t be writting this nonsense, in that case. idiot.

1. red says:

I’m with you Rachel!

4. Rachel says:

Looks like he/she deleted their nasty comment, Red! Anyways, fingers crossed that this loser gets charged for something more serious, like attempted murder! No more slap on the hands for criminals like these or they’ll never learn.

5. jackactionhero says:

His partner?

DADT?

1. just sayin says:

His Friend- he’s married – why would you comment on something like that and why would you care, what are you interested????

2. kate says:

Some people drive for work related reasons and have coworkers that they call their partner. Some people actually aren’t an embarassment to everyone around them and get along with others.
      I know it is hard for you to believe, being paranoid and all.

1. SingleWhiteMale says:

Kate, will you be my partner? Just asking………

6. Tony says:

His history goes back a long time. Back in about 1987 in Uptown near Lake Calhoun I had the driver side window shot out of my pickup when I pulled up to a stop sign by a person wearing a a black or white KKK type hood. I never found out who did it or heard of it happening again in the local news but wonder now if that was him.