The Brick Offers Refunds Over 1st Night Snafus

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A new concert venue is offering clubgoers a “mea culpa” after an opening night many called underwhelming, if not worse.

There were lines outside The Brick on Monday night for the Jane’s Addiction concert.

Some concertgoers said they waited up to an hour in line and went through what they called an over-the-top security sweep.

But the biggest complaints dealt with overcrowding and bad views of the stage. Some also complained that the bathroom facilities were not robust enough to handle the crowds.

The Brick posted an apology on its Facebook page and said it is offering concertgoers a full refund, including service fees, or tickets to an upcoming show of their choice.

“We acknowledge that we have a long way to go to earn back your business and we are committed to regaining your trust,” read the club’s apology.

  • MN NIce

    Hats off to The Brick for taking responsibility and taking care of those who were inconvenienced. With an attitude like that, the venue will surely succeed. It’s rare for an ownership/management group to go so far to correct a bad experience. I applaud you and wish you success

    • brian

      Someone’s doing damage control

  • Reactive, not proactive

    They’re not taking a proactive approach, they’re responding to backlash. I haven’t read one positive comment about this place and it’s only been open four days.

  • Bill

    It sounds like the problems are not fixable without a massive infusion of cash and a long down time for the remodeling.

    The investors should cut their losses now.

  • Doy doy?

    The two previous reports above proudly brought to you by numb-nuts of America…

  • AC

    I happen to be the CEO of Numb-Nuts of America and they are not members!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Thursday Night Football

Listen Live