Elementary School Evacuates Over Gas Leak

CRYSTAL, Minn. (WCCO) — An elementary school in Crystal, Minn. was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.

According to officials, Forest Elementary School was evacuated after a construction worker hit a gas line on Hampshire Avenue, causing a leak.

Students and staff were moved to the Crystal Community Center, according to school officials.

Though students were apparently in no immediate danger, the school reported a strong odor throughout the building, which led to the evacuation.

The fire department was dispatched to check the building and let administrators know when it’s safe for everyone to return.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Trees Of Hope
Good Question

Listen Live