Burning Restrictions Easing In Northern Minn.
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — As the drought recedes and the landscape greens up, the Department of Natural Resources is lifting burning restrictions in more Minnesota counties.
Effective Wednesday, state burning restrictions will be lifted in Beltrami, Cass, Clearwater, Itasca, Kittson, Koochiching, Lake of the Woods, Mahnomen, Marshall, Pennington, Polk, Roseau and St. Louis counties of northern Minnesota. Next Monday, the DNR plans to lift burning restrictions in Lake and Cook counties of northeastern Minnesota.
The DNR says that last move will remove all spring seasonal restrictions on open burning throughout the state. However, special burning restrictions continue in portions of Pine County in the St. Croix Valley because of large amounts of downed wood from the blowdown storm last July 2011. And local restrictions may apply elsewhere.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)