Best Of Minnesota: Roller Coasters
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – We’re fresh off of July 4, so if it doesn’t feel like summer for you yet — especially after the week we’ve had — maybe this will help: roller coasters.
Amusement parks are a family fun go-to this time of year. Except for me – I hate them.
But, I decided to face my fears this week in the name of good television.
WCCO viewers’ best ride in Minnesota is the biggest and fastest in the state -– Wild Thing at Valleyfair.
“The first drop is about 200 feet,” said Todd Larkin of Valleyfair. “And it’s a 50-degree angle down. You reach a top speed of around 74 mph.”
Larkin played toward my fears.
“We rarely have any incident of puking… incidents,” he said, laughing. “But you could be the first.”
While I didn’t lose my lunch on Wild Thing, Larkin had a another ride choice for me.
“We have Planet Snoopy over there and they have a little cosmic coaster,” Larkin said. “It’s not very big, it’s perfect for… kids.”
As for next week, where’s the best Mexican restaurant in Minnesota?
Tweet your pick to @Matt_Brickman or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.