Fmr. Pawlenty Spokesman Weighs In On Veepstakes
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Brian McClung remembers all too well the last time his former boss was in the running for a Vice Presidential position.
McClung said he and then Gov. Tim Pawlenty were in Denver at the Democratic National Convention on the day that Barack Obama gave his speech at the football stadium.
Pawlenty was participating in press conferences.
“Of course that was the day Governor Pawlenty’s schedule was cut short, and there was all kinds of speculation that he was going to be the Vice Presidential pick,” Mc Clung said.
WCCO’s Susie Jones Interviews McClung
He said they flew back to Minnesota and the next morning Sarah Palin was with John Mc Cain in Ohio.
McClung said he expects a decision from Mitt Romney to come after the Olympics.
“It’s a little bit of déjà vu,” he said.
If Romney picks Pawlenty, McClung believes he would accept.
“If Mitt Romney were to come to you and say, this is how I think you can best help the country, and serve this ticket, would you be willing to do that? Most people would say yes,” he said.
McClung is president and founder of McClung Communications and Public Relation.