Funeral Is Saturday For Boy Killed By Amoeba
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Funeral services have been set for a 9-year-old boy who died from a rare brain infection after swimming at a Stillwater lake.
Jack Ariola Erenberg died from amoeba meningitis after swimming in Lily Lake recently. That’s the same lake where a 7-year-old girl had been swimming before she died two years ago.
Jack had recently gone swimming in Lily Lake and then suddenly got sick when his family went on a camping trip up north over the weekend. The doctors thought he had the flu, but he kept getting worse — within two days, he was gone.
There will be a visitation for Erenberg from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday at the Roberts Family Funeral Home in Forest Lake. His funeral will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday at Our Savior’s Lutheran Church in Circle Pines.
A fund has been set up for Jack’s family for medical and funeral expenses. You can make a donation at any Central Bank in his name. His hockey team is also planning to do something special in Jack’s memory — and to help his family.