Mpls. Man Sentenced To Prison For Illegally Buying Firearms
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 31-year-old Minneapolis man was sentenced this week in federal court for providing false information when purchasing numerous firearms, many of which were later recovered during criminal investigations.
Ryan Thomas Sandoval was sentenced to 30 months in federal prison after pleading guilty on May 21 to two counts of making a false statement during the purchase of a firearm.
Sandoval will spend virtually his entire prison sentence behind bars. He acted as a straw purchaser, buying guns for those who can’t purchase them because of criminal reasons, or others.