Woodbury Family Displaced After Overnight Fire

WOODBURY, Minn. (WCCO) — A Woodbury family is waking up out of their home Sunday morning after their home was destroyed by a fire overnight.

Fire officials say it started in the garage then spread. The family made it out safely, without any injuries.

Fire officials say the flames weren’t easy to put out.

“It was extremely difficult,” said Lt. Steve Neily, of the Woodbury Fire Department. “We were playing catch up.”

Officials say the home is likely a total loss.

  • http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/12/27/authorities-chimney-fire-could-serve-lesson-to-others/ Authorities: Chimney Fire Could Serve As Lesson To Others « CBS Minnesota

    […] Thursday morning, an attic adjacent to a chimney caught fire in a Woodbury home. The family had been using the fireplace below earlier in the […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Thursday Night Football

Listen Live