Accent Signage Resumes Operations, Starts Fund For Victims
Get Breaking News First
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Nearly a month after the deadliest workplace shooting in Minnesota history, Accent Signage Systems plans to move forward.
Late last month, Andrew Engeldinger opened fire after learning he was being fired. The owner of the business, two other employees and a UPS driver were killed that day before Engeldinger took his own life.
Two other employees later died from their injuries.
On Monday, the owner’s widow, Shereen Rahamim, spoke about that tragic day.
“On Sept. 27, our world collapsed,” she said. “In the weeks since, we have spent more time at funerals than anyone should ever have to.”
Rahamim’s husband, Reuven Rahamim, was shot and killed that day. He was known and remembered for building his business from the ground up. Rahamim invented its signature product, a special type of braille sign, in the late 1980s. Companies in 38 countries use the technology.
Shereen Rahamim said they will never get over what happened but they will get through it.
“We take great comfort in the community’s support during this troubled time,” she said.
She also announced a fund established at Wells Fargo for the victims’ families. Donations can be made to the Benefit Families of Accent Signage fund at any Wells Fargo to account #2275129365.
“We could not be more proud of our employees, who have shown unbelievable resolve in the fact of unspeakable events,” Shereen Rahamim said. “We are doing everything we can to support them and with their help, and yours, we will rebuild and we will overcome.”
Most of Accent’s employees have been back at work since Oct. 8, filling and processing orders.
For more information about the victims’ fund, click here.