Sharing and Caring Hands provides a bridge from the caring concerned community to the people in need of their help. They receive no government or United Way funding and rely solely on donations to do their work. Every year, the donations of goods, services, time and money allow Sharing and Caring Hands to make a difference in the lives of individuals, families, and children in need.
Make a Donation HERE.
Did You Know…
- 92% of all money donated to Sharing and Caring Hands goes to the needs of the poor, only 8% goes to management and fund raising.
- Sharing and Caring Hands serves over 240,000 meals each year (4,615 per week) to people in need.
- Mary’s Place Transitional Shelter houses over 500 people each night (recent count 436 children, 140 adults in its 92 family apartments) and provided 212,500 people days of shelter last year.
- We paid for 19,033 people nights of shelter last year for singles men and women that stay at homeless shelters and families that stay at area hotels.
- We gave 10,000 showers last year (about 210 each week) to people with no other access to bathing facilities.
- We provided eye exams and glasses for over 600 people last year, over 1/2 of them were children referred to us by schools.
- We provided over 2,800 beds to adults and children that would otherwise be sleeping on the floor.
- We give out over 375,000 lbs. of food donation each year to people in need.
- Your generosity allows us to help thousands of individuals and families with emergency needs for rent, utilities, health expenses, food, clothing, shoes, funeral, travel expenses, job costs, and much more.