Woman Crowned Winter Carnival’s ‘Klondike Kate’
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The St. Paul Winter Carnival starts two weeks from Thursday, but preparations are already well underway for the annual winter festival.
They ramped up even more with the annual crowning of “Klondike Kate” Thursday night in Oakdale. This year, it’s Anita Mack of St. Paul. She was chosen out of five contestants to be the “mistress of fun” at this year’s St. Paul Winter Carnival.
As “Klondike Kate,” she’s an embassador for the carnival who brings the fun and helps represent St. Paul. She’s made the top three in the contest the last two years, but earned the crown this year.
She said contestants are judged on vocal ability, song, costume and the audience’s reaction to your performance.
The St. Paul Winter Carnival starts Jan. 24.