Baxter Woman Accused Of Breaking Officer’s Ankle
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
BAXTER, Minn. (AP) – A woman in Crow Wing County is accused of breaking a police officer’s ankle as she struggled against her arrest.
Forty-four-year-old Jennifer Burnos, of Baxter, is charged with obstruction.
Burnos is being held in the Crow Wing County Jail on $75,000 bond without conditions. Baxter police say five officers responded to a call at a home Jan. 8 and were talking to Burnos when they discovered she had a warrant for her arrest in Hubbard County.
The Brainerd Dispatch reports police say Burnos was taken to the ground kicking and screaming and broke the ankle of Officer Joe Sundgaard.
Burnos is scheduled for a hearing Feb. 13.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)