MINNETRISTA, Minn. (WCCO) – Authorities say nobody was injured but a home suffered significant damage after a fire west of the Twin Cities Friday morning.
Crews were called to the 4900 block of North Arm Drive in Minnetrista, just west of Lake Minnetonka, at about 6 a.m on a report of a house fire. When authorities arrived, they knocked down a fire that started on the second floor of the home.
Authorities said most of the damage sustained was to the upper level and exterior of the home. Everybody inside the home got out safely, but it wasn’t clear how many were inside when the fire started. Fire officials said they believe the blaze started as a result of an unattended candle or cigarette.