Timberwolves Beefing Up Security With Metal Detectors
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – The Timberwolves’ on-court defense may be falling apart, but Minnesota’s Target Center security is beefing up.
As part of the NBA’s ongoing efforts to increase fan safety, the Minnesota Timberwolves will begin increased security screening starting with Wednesday night’s home game against the Philadelphia 76ers — handheld metal detectors will be used.
This protocol will continue throughout the rest of the season.
The Timberwolves say:
- Arrive at Target Center early.
- Allow extra time for entrance to the arena.
- Cooperate with security personnel.
- Be patient while fans and security staff adjust to the new process.
- Be aware of those lines that are shorter or moving faster and be sure to take advantage of them.
- Have purses and coats open and ready for inspection prior to arriving at security check points.
- Remember that outside food and beverages are not allowed.
- Remember that prohibited items include: firearms, knives, other weapons/self defense items (i.e. mace).