MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The case against the 12-year-old boy involved in the school shooting hoax in New Prague last month was resolved Monday.
The boy, who has special needs and is adopted from the Ukraine, was in court with his family.
While the case is closed because he is a minor, the lawyer and the family released new information.
The family says on March 20 the boy used a discarded cell phone he found at home to make the false 911 call.
No one knew he had the phone.
He went into a bathroom stall at school to make the call because he likes police cars and flashing lights.
The boy’s parents received the school alert about the shooting, just like all parents, and were worried and scared.
Since that day, the family has been working with the boy to help him understand that what he did was wrong.
The boy wrote a letter to apologize for what he did.
In it he says: “I am sorry for scaring you. Can you please forgive me? I promise I will never in my life do this again.”