Man Shot In Hand; St. Paul Police Looking For Gunman
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – St. Paul police said they are looking for a suspect in the city Wednesday after a man suffered a gunshot wound to the hand.
The shooting happened near the intersection of University Avenue and Simpson Street. Police said the suspect and the victim knew each other.
The victim suffered a non-life-threatening injury, police said. He is being treated at Regions Hospital. His name was not released.
(Note: Police initially said the victim was shot in the leg.)
Howie Padilla, of the St. Paul Police Department, said the SWAT team responded to the shooting. They were called to help because the shooting happened as they were out training.
Police said they recovered a gun at the scene.
No one is in custody.