Pedestrian Hit, Killed in Carlton County, Suspect In Custody
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Authorities said a suspect is in custody after a vehicle fled the scene of a fatal hit-and-run at a rest stop in Carlton County Wednesday night.
The Minnesota State Patrol responded to the incident at about 5:28 p.m. Wednesday at the Culkin Rest Area in Carlton County. When authorities arrived, a pedestrian had been struck and killed by a 2004 Ford F Series at the rest area, and witnesses reported seeing a vehicle leave the scene.
A short time later, State Troopers spotted the suspect vehicle headed northbound on Interstate 35. The vehicle wouldn’t stop and fled, but authorities later caught the vehicle and took the suspect into custody.
Authorities have not released the identity of the victim or the driver of the car in the incident. The Minnesota State Patrol is investigating the incident with assistance from the Carlton County Sheriff’s Office, Hermantown Police, Proctor Police and the St. Louis County Sheriff’s Office.