Kline To Deliver Weekly National Address For GOP
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
BURNSVILLE, Minn. (AP) — Minnesota Congressman John Kline is delivering the Republican Party’s response to President Obama’s weekly address.
The Republican from Minnesota’s Second District is speaking for his party Saturday after the president’s remarks. Both sets of comments are broadcast on radio and online.
Kline’s office says he will discuss the debate in Congress over student loan interest rates. Interest rates for federal student loans are set to double on July 1 unless Congress and the White House can agree how to head off the increase.
Kline is chairman of the House Education and Workforce Committee. He is a six-term congressman and lives in Burnsville.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)