Local

D’Angelo Cancels First Avenue Show Due To Medical Emergency

View Comments
(credit: Michael Buckner/Getty Images For BET)

(credit: Michael Buckner/Getty Images For BET)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. 4 Things To Know: Oct. 20, 2014
  2. Finding Minnesota: Natural Adventure Park At Briggs Farm
  3. The Lowdown: Pearl Jam, Gopher Homecoming
  4. Midday Headlines For 10/20
  5. Study: People Drink Less Soda When They See What It Takes To Walk Off

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – If you missed D’Angelo in June and were hoping to see the soul singer on Tuesday, there’s some bad news.

On Monday, D’Angelo’s show at First Avenue was canceled due to a medical emergency that has left the musician unable to perform.

On the venue’s website, it says D’Angelo “expresses his sincere regret due to this unfortunate circumstance.”

No details were given on the emergency, but those with tickets to the show can get refunds. (Click here for more on that.)

The venue says more information is forthcoming, but nothing was posted about a possible rescheduling.

Earlier this summer, D’Angelo played First Avenue with Questlove in the Brothers In Arms two-man show.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,901 other followers