No Running Of The Bulls Planned For Canterbury

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There will be no “Running of the Bulls” at Canterbury Park after all.

While Canterbury had not formally agreed to host “The Great Bull Run” next year, the event was tentatively scheduled for next May.

Spokesman Jeff Maday said Canterbury’s Board of Directors has nixed the idea in light of last week’s incident at the Dakota County Fair, where a bull got loose and ended up injuring several people.

Maday said Canterbury’s Board wasn’t comfortable with the insurance and liability issues surrounding the event.

The Great Bull Run is a take-off of the annual Running of the Bulls in Spain. The first U.S. event is later this month in Richmond, Virginia.

More from Laura Oakes
  • kids savings accounts

    kids savings accounts

    No Running Of The Bulls Planned For Canterbury « CBS Minnesota

blog comments powered by Disqus
Thursday Night Football

Listen Live