Bicyclist Flown To Hospital After Collision With Car In Anoka Co.
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A helicopter flew a bicyclist to North Memorial Medical Center Tuesday evening after the boy was hit by a car in Anoka County, according to police.
Authorities say the incident happened around 6:30 p.m. near the intersection of Highway 65 and Crosstown Boulevard East in Ham Lake.
The Anoka County Sheriff’s Office said a 15-year-old boy on a bike from Ham Lake was crossing Highway 65 at Crosstown Boulevard on a red light. A vehicle traveling south on Highway 65 entered the intersection on a green light and hit the bicyclist.
It doesn’t appear that the driver, a 58-year-old man from Elk River, was under the influence, as the motorist stopped and is cooperating.
The boy was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center and is in critical, but stable condition.