Sheriff: Man Arrested In Zimmerman Bar Burglary
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Authorities say a 38-year-old Zimmerman man was arrested Wednesday in connection with the burglary of a bar in that city.
The Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office said Jason Camarena was taken into custody after a search warrant was executed on his home following the incident. He’s currently in the Sherburne County Jail awaiting charges of third-degree burglary and possession of stolen property.
The sheriff’s office said a burglary was reported at a new Zimmerman bar called the Whistling Pickle on Monday. There was no sign of a forced entry, but several flat-screen TVs, a safe, thousands of dollars in cash and liquor bottles were missing.
On Wednesday, Camarena tried to exchange the TVs at the Target store in Otsego and claimed to be the bar’s owner. A Target employee who also worked at the bar and was aware of the burglary identified Camarena as the suspect. That employee told police Camarena was a former manager at the restaurant and had been let go, but still had a key.
Upon executing the search warrant, authorities found the TVs, safe, liquor bottles and cash.