ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) – Authorities said the St. Paul Athletic Club had to be evacuated Tuesday morning after an apparent chemical spill that injured a janitor.
The St. Paul Fire Department responded to the incident on the 300 block of Cedar Street in downtown St. Paul. Fire officials said a janitor accidentally mixed chlorine and sulfuric acid, causing a chemical spill and making the janitor sick. As a precaution, fire officials evacuated the building.
The chemical mix happened in the pool area of the athletic club, authorities said. There has been no update on the janitor since the incident.