Candlelight Vigil Set For Saturday Night In Honor Of AP’s 2-Year-Old Son
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A candlelight vigil is set for 8 p.m. Saturday outside the Metrodome in honor of Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son, who died after allegedly being abused by his mother’s boyfriend, according to Sioux Falls police.
The event will be at the corner of Fifth Street and Chicago Avenue and it hopes to bring light to domestic abuse awareness.
The 2-year-old died on Friday in Sioux Falls, and Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was arrested in the case. Patterson’s expected to be charged in the coming days with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant, in addition to murder.
Police said Patterson hit the boy in the head with a steel rod.
Peterson declined to comment about the matter at the Vikings practice facility, but did tweet “Thank you to my family, my fans and fans of other teams for their support.”