Hunter Found Dead In Western Wis.
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – Sheriff’s deputies in western Wisconsin found a 54-year-old hunter dead in the woods over the weekend, authorities say.
A call to locate Mark Grognet, of Baldwin, Wis., came in just before 8 p.m. on Saturday after the man’s family couldn’t reach him by phone, the St. Croix County Sheriff’s Office says. Grognet had reportedly gone out hunting early that morning near Cady Township and had not returned after dark.
Deputies then went to search for Grognet near the 500 block of CTN NN, where they found Grognet’s 2004 Chevy pickup.
Emergency workers found Grognet’s body in the woods, about 400 yards from the pickup.
His body had no signs of physical trauma and no foul play is expected, the sheriff’s office said.
The incident is still under investigation.