Local

Minneapolis House Fire Ruled Accidental

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. WCCO Viewers' Choice For Best Place To Cut Down Your Own Tree
  2. U Of M Students Talk About Attending Ferguson Protests
  3. Good Question: How Can We Keep The Peace With Family?
  4. Gophers’ Daquein McNeil Arrested For Domestic Assault
  5. Fmr. Hennepin Co. Official Requests Leniency For Attackers

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Firefighters rescued three people from a two-alarm fire at a Minneapolis group home Thursday evening.

According to the Minneapolis Fire Department, crews responded to a report of a fire at 2524 Portland Ave. just after 7 p.m., where they found heavy smoke coming from the two-and-a-half-story group home.

Crews extinguished fire in the attic, second floor and rear portion of the house.

According to the Minneapolis Arson Unit, the cause of the fire was accidental. Officials said the stove was left on and a pan on top of the stove, and its contents, melted and ignited the cupboards above the stove.

One person was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center for evaluation. The Red Cross provided assistance to about 15 adults and four children who were displaced.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,994 other followers