WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-white01, ww color white

Local

Man, Child Rescued From Apartment Fire In St. Paul

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. Why Do People Want To Buy Things First?
  2. 4 Things To Know For Sept. 16, 2014
  3. Underground U Of M Lab Fights Food Terrorism
  4. Radisson Suspends Minnesota Vikings Sponsorship
  5. Peterson Allegations Give Vikings A PR Challenge

ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO) – Authorities said a man and child were unconscious and hospitalized after being rescued from an apartment fire in St. Paul Friday morning.

Crews were called to an apartment building on the 1800 block of East 7th Street on a report of a small fire just after 10 a.m. When crews arrived, smoke was coming out of a window in a third floor unit of the building.

Crews found a man and child who were unconscious in a bathroom, and rescued them from the building. Emergency personnel began treating the victims immediately, and they were transported to Regions Hospital.

St. Paul Fire Marshal Steve Zaccard said the two victims were alive when they were rescued. There has been no update on their conditions.

Zaccard said the cause of the fire was a space heater that was too close to a couch. The fire was contained to the unit where it started and was put out quickly.

Officials say space heaters should be kept at least three feet away from objects that could catch fire.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,858 other followers