Saks Off Fifth Closing In Minneapolis Next Year
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Another store is saying goodbye in downtown Minneapolis. Saks Off Fifth is closing its doors in January.
It comes just a year after another high-fashion store, Neiman Marcus, closed its doors just down the block.
Saks’ owners say they aren’t leaving Minnesota all together. A spokesperson for the company that owns Saks said that they are “actively looking for opportunities to reopen a location in downtown Minneapolis.”
There will also be a Saks Off Fifth location at the new Twin Cities Premiere Outlets in Eagan, scheduled to open in mid-August.
And that space downtown won’t be vacant for very long.
The Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal reports that Walgreen’s is “nearing a deal” to open a store in the spot.