Man, 93, Killed In Douglas Co. Crash
Get Breaking News First
Today's Most Popular Video
- Dancin' Grandpa Turns Down For Nothing During '50s Medley
- 4 Things To Know For July 23, 2014
- Top Mpls. Chefs To Pair Dishes With City's Finest Craft Brews
- Recall On Some Fruit Sold At Costco, Trader Joe’s, Sam’s
- <a href="http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/video/10395857-video/"The Lowdown: EPA Tweets About Kim Kardashian
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 93-year-old Barrett, Minn. man is dead after a van and truck collided in Douglas County Tuesday, according to the county sheriff’s office.
Deputies responded at 1:10 p.m. to the report of the crash involving injuries at County Road 8 and Moe Hall Road. When they arrived, they encountered the truck and a medical transport van with severe front end damage.
It was determined that the van was previously traveling eastbound on County Road 8 and the truck was traveling westbound. The truck attempted to turn south on Moe Hall road in front of the van. The van then struck the truck in the front end.
The driver of the truck, identified as 78-year-old Michael Potzmann Jr. of Garfield, and three occupants of the van were transported to the Douglas County Hospital Emergency Room.
The 93-year-old passenger of the van, identified as Elmer Jesness Barrett, died of his injuries.
The other victims suffered non-life threatening injuries.