Local

University Building Evacuated Due To Propane Smell

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. HSSR: 12/19/14 – Gavin Pugh Battles ALS
  2. Sample Swedish Delicacies At The American Swedish Institute
  3. MN Musician Takes Memoir To The Stage
  4. MN History Museum Toy Exhibit Free With Toy Donation
  5. Mpls. Office Workers Battle For Best Holiday Cubicle

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The smell of propane caused officials to evacuate a University of Minnesota building where a student was injured in a science lab explosion last week.

University spokeswoman Julie Christensen says someone in Smith Hall smelled propane Wednesday morning, pulled the fire alarm and called 911. About 100 people were evacuated.

Minneapolis firefighters ventilated the building and gave the all-clear. The source of the propane smell was not identified.

About a week ago, a chemistry student was injured when a chemical compound mixture exploded.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,381 other followers