Local

Man Hurt After Firework Goes Off In His Hand

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. WCCO Viewers' Choice For Best Place To See Santa In MN
  2. More Holiday Photos From 'WCCO This Morning' Viewers
  3. Twin Cities Community Gospel Choir Performs Live
  4. 4 Things To Know For Dec. 19, 2014
  5. 4 Things To Do: Winter Break Fun For Kids

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) – A 33-year-old Minnesota man was injured when an aerial firework went off in his hand Monday evening.

According to the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened on 289th Avenue Northwest in Zimmerman at about 7 p.m.

Sheriff Joel Brott said Jeffery Vane was airlifted from the scene and taken to North Memorial Medical Center. He had severe injuries to his left hand and minor injuries to his face and right hand.

Authorities said Vane had attempted to light the firework’s short fuse and then throw it, but it exploded in his hand.

Vane bought the firework in North Dakota, the sheriff said.

Aerial fireworks are not legal in Minnesota. The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says any explosive or aerial fireworks are “prohibited for public sale, possession and use.”

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,377 other followers