Man Hurt After Firework Goes Off In His Hand

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A 33-year-old Minnesota man was injured when an aerial firework went off in his hand Monday evening.

According to the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Office, the incident happened on 289th Avenue Northwest in Zimmerman at about 7 p.m.

Sheriff Joel Brott said Jeffery Vane was airlifted from the scene and taken to North Memorial Medical Center. He had severe injuries to his left hand and minor injuries to his face and right hand.

Authorities said Vane had attempted to light the firework’s short fuse and then throw it, but it exploded in his hand.

Vane bought the firework in North Dakota, the sheriff said.

Aerial fireworks are not legal in Minnesota. The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says any explosive or aerial fireworks are “prohibited for public sale, possession and use.”


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live