Grilling Desserts And Salads With Chef Rachael Perron
MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — There’s nothing like grilling during the summertime, but you don’t have to limit yourself to just meat, according to Chef Rachael Perron from Kowalski’s.
How about grilling desserts!
And even Caesar salads!
Now that your mouth is watering from those videos, here are the recipes so you can create these tasty dishes at home!
Grilled Peaches And Cream
1) 4 small ripe peaches, nectarines or plums, halved and pitted.
2) Canola oil, for grilling.
3) Vanilla ice cream or gelato, for serving.
4) Kowalski’s honey, to taste.
5) Crushed ginger or almond-flavored cookies, for serving.
1) Mist or lightly brush cut sides of peaches with oil.
2) Grill cut side down directly over a grill heated to medium-high until dark grill marks form (about 2 minutes).
3) Turn over and cook until fruit reaches desired tenderness (up to 5 minutes).
4) Serve immediately with ice cream, drizzled with honey and sprinkled with crushed cookies. Serves four.
Grilled Caesar Salad
1)Two heads romaine, washed and thoroughly dried, outer leaves removed.
2) Olive oil, for grilling.
3) Kowalski’s Caesar Dressing, to taste.
4) Kowalski’s Italian Parmesan Croutons (from the Bakery Dept.), crushed, to taste.
5) Freshly grated or shredded Kowalski’s Parmesan Cheese, to taste.
6) Freshly ground Kowalski’s Black Peppercorns, to taste.
1) Trim tops of lettuces to remove broken or limp ends.
2) Cut lettuces in half lengthwise; mist or lightly brush cut sides of romaine with oil.
3) Grill cut side down directly over a grill heated to medium-high until dark grill marks form (about 2 minutes).
4) Serve immediately drizzled with dressing and sprinkled with crouton crumbs, cheese and a generous amount of pepper. Serves four.