Feds Expand Minnesota Flood Disaster Declaration

ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The federal government has expanded Minnesota’s flood disaster declaration to 24 more counties and two tribal governments.

Last month President Barack Obama declared a disaster in eight Minnesota counties damaged by flooding, unleashing federal funds to help repair millions in damages.

The state Homeland Security and Emergency Management division said Friday that the declaration now covers 32 counties and the Red Lake Band of Chippewa and Prairie Island Indian Community. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is reviewing six other Minnesota counties affected by summer floods.

Gov. Mark Dayton says he’ll continuing pushing to add those six counties.

Members of Minnesota’s congressional delegation also say the U.S. Department of Transportation has awarded Minnesota a $5 million statewide grant to repair roads damaged by flooding.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Trees Of Hope
Good Question

Listen Live