WCCO EYE4 LOGO WCCO Radio wcco-eye-green01, ww color green

Local

Twin Cities Dog Trainer Simplifies Teaching Our Pets

View Comments

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up
Today's Most Popular Video
  1. MSHSL Dealing With Guidelines For Transgender Athletes
  2. WCCO Interview: Kate Wetherhead Of 'The Heidi Chronicles'
  3. What Are Twins Looking For In A New Manager?
  4. St. Paul Woman Plays Harp For Primates
  5. 4 Things To Know For Sept. 30, 2014

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A Twin Cities dog trainer is out to change the way we train our dogs.  Her company, DogSense Unleashed, promises easy step-by-step training anytime, anywhere.

Jody Karow is in the middle of a Kickstarter campaign that wraps up Wednesday. She’s an expert dog trainer who is taking her skills with four-legged friends to a web-based format.

“We want to bring dog training to the virtual age,” Karow said. “So we are taking quality dog training and making it fun and accessible for everyone.”

Karow said statistics show that 10 percent of dog owners attend training classes, so something is needed for the other 90 percent of people out there who want tips for training their dogs that are fun and easy. Her web-based videos include learning dog language, how to communicate with them and setting positive behavioral patterns and encouraging those.

“We start out with understand, communicate and teach and we take you through step-by-step how to teach your dog behaviors that are going to help you in daily life,” Karow said.

Karow said when you train your dog, you always want to reward them in their sit position with treats or positive recognition of the command.

Karow needs $15,000 to get her campaign started, and she’s closing in on that number.

View Comments
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,875 other followers