Mall Stabbing Victim: ‘He Walked Right At Me’

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (WCCO) — The nine people stabbed at Crossroads Mall in St. Cloud Saturday night are all expected to survive their injuries.

Three were hospitalized overnight.  Moments before being released, one of the victims spoke with WCCO’s Susan-Elizabeth Littlefield in his hospital room.

After the Mall of America didn’t have the video game he wanted, Ryan Schliep and his girlfriend hit up Crossroads Mall. While walking through an entrance, something caught his attention.

“He grabbed one of the girls and she dropped her phone and I looked at that and thought it was some buddies playing around,” Schliep said.

Moments later when he was in the entryway, he realized this situation was serious.

“I was facing him head-on and he just walked right at me with one fist was coming up and I knew he was going to strike me and I braced myself for it and he did one swift motion to my head and I had a JT on. You could see where the blade went through the hat,” Schliep said. “Pulled out the blade and I fell to the ground and he kept pushing for whatever his objective was.”

Ryan says the man was wearing a security uniform.  A man police say stabbed seven other people too causing chaos outside.

Ryan and another victim tried to catch the man, but Ryan says his interaction was fast and quiet.

“Not a single word, not even like a grunt or like anything any emotion? Nope. He looked just blank in the eyes like he wasn’t even there,” Schliep said.

Ryan says several vendors closed their gates in fear. At Forever 21, he found help.

“Some random other citizen grabbed some clothing and tried to bandage me. The ambulance came and they rushed me and put me in with another individual who was stabbed,” Schliep said.

After a night in the hospital, he’s expected to be OK. A close call, nearly puncturing his brain.

“It went through the skin and hit my skull and kinda chipped it a little bit causing an air pocket to form on my skull,” Schliep said.

And even though his wound is healing well, he says there’s hurt on the inside.

“I’m pretty angry though at obviously the individual who did this, how the whole situation played out,” Schliep said.

Ryan was released shortly after our interview to go home to Willmar.  He says he wanted to share his account because he wants people to know how serious this situation was.

More from Susan-Elizabeth Littlefield
Comments

1. Dan Mack says:

White lives do not matter. Why just today the Supreme leader of the Socialist Village, Husain Obama, told the black congressional caucus that Muslim terrorists killing American citizens in their homes is just a big joke like his non-extant birth certificate. His Imam says they deserve it.

1. Scott Funk says:

You’re a sick man, Mack. None of that is factual.

1. genearly says:

Comrade Funk perhaps a knife to your head would be “factual” enough for your progreSSively addled brain?

2. NonLib says:

I can only guess but here it goes – this incident will push another 500 or more to secure their CC permit and they shall be smart and will carry going forward. Enough is enough is enough. Black-white-pink-yellow. You soon will find your just rewards are all around you

1. Snow Bound 55414 says:

that’s EXACTLY what I’m going to do! I am normally fond of guns or weapons of any sorts, but the fear of what’s happening around will outweigh my nervousness around guns, gonna take up my husband’s advice, go to a gun class and apply for CC!! Protecting myself and my loved ones is my #1 mission!!!

3. Aleric says:

Oh look another Somali who decided to kill infidels, now watch the government try and cover this up as lone wolf again.

4. Sam Vaughn says:

You can blame a lot of liberal maroons for this. Somalis are being imported by the govt and “settled” into places they have now skills to survive in. Back in Somalia, they either lived off piracy, gangs, or corrupt govt. They know little else. What could possibly go wrong bringing them to Minnesota of all places with NO plan for assimilation and overlooking the fact that their form of Islam is one of the worst.

5. Bethany williams says:

more attacks to come. that’s Obama

6. Jason says:

Your politicians have betrayed you … and let America’s enemies within our borders…. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE !!!

7. Jagu Jenkins says:

between their importation of satanic muslum terrorists and illegal immigrants, the marxists/democrats and the globalists have succeeded in destroying America and Americans from within. Only a civil revolutionary war to annihilate them all, including the marxists and the globalists and the illegals and the muslum enemy can restore our nation to us now.

8. Mike Jefferson says:

Once again, we have liberal elites who live in gated communities, surrounded by body guards, who fly on private jets, tell us that we are the problem and that we are “islamophobes”. No, it is Islame which has the problem and this twisted ideology like Nazism and Communism before it must be recognized and destroyed. Dump the stupid libs and vote Trump 2016

9. Beatriz Perez says:

Minnesota…….lets keep putting democrats in office so they can import some more America hating terrorists to Minnesota.

10. Ryan, you can thank the Catholics and Lutherans first bringing in the third world no education to MN and then you can thank liberals that think giving hugs solves problems in the world.

11. Jim Morrison says:

If he was wearing a Security Uniform and was an employee of the Mall then the Obama Administration can call it Workplace Violence.

12. Pat Megroin says:

I live in Maine and they settled thousands of these backwards muslims here.They don’t assimilate and they are all on welfare ! How is this a net positive for our country?

13. Fred Mertz says:

If you like your terrorists, you can keep your terrorists. Vote for Hillary. (The one promise she will actually keep. Remember, she said she would import tens of thousands more “refugees”!)

14. Daniel Miller says:

The MSM is blaming the Donald. How utterly predictable!

15. cbpelto says:

RE: Just Stood There and Took It

THIS is what the vaunted American public education system has turned our young men into….VICTIMS.

16. Bill Smith says:

.The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they may be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called ‘hypocrites’ and warned that Allah will send them to Hell if they do not join the slaughter.

17. Anti-racists say there is a RACE problem that can only be solved when the third world pours into EVERY White country and “assimilates.”

What if I said there was a RACE problem that could only be solved if hundreds of millions of non-Blacks were brought into EVERY Black country? How long before people realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem, but the conclusion to the BLACK problem?

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-White.

Anti-racist is a codeword for anti-White.

18. Byron Peters says:

The church do-gooders brought them to your state.