Dayton Authorizes $3.3M In Disaster Aid For Areas Hit By July Flooding

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton is authorizing millions in state aid to areas devastated by flooding this summer.

According to a press release, Dayton issued a letter authorizing nearly $3.3 million in aid to Aitkin County, Beltrami County, Cass County, Clearwater County, Lake County, St. Louis County, Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa, Bois Forte Band of Chippewa and the Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe for the severe storms, high winds and flooding that devastated communities from July 19-21 earlier this summer.

The governor’s office says the money will reimburse 75 percent of costs counties and tribal communities spend on public infrastructure repairs and cleanup costs associated with the high winds, in accordance with state law.


One Comment

  1. Dan Mack says:

    Of course not one penny of the money Dayton spent is going to mitigate the costs of the next one. Low lying areas flood every year. Every year “Disaster”. OH well it’s just taxpayer money.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live