Brooklyn Park Man Sentenced To 78 Months For I-94 Drive-By Shooting

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office says a 25-year-old Brooklyn Park man has been sentenced for his role in two shootings – including a drive-by shooting on Interstate 94.

Last week, Donquarious Grant pleaded guilty to a Dec. 6, 2015 shooting incident in downtown Minneapolis and received 60 months. He also pleaded guilty in a March shooting on Interstate 94 – and received 78 months. The sentences will be served concurrently.

On March 12, Grant is accused of shooting into a car with four people inside while driving westbound on I-94. The driver, who was shot in the hand, was able to exit onto Broadway Avenue North where police found them. The driver and two passengers needed hospitalization for bullet wounds.

Both of the shooting cases were gang-related, the attorney’s office said.


One Comment

  1. Dan Mack says:

    Mayor Betsy wouldn’t arrest him. She would offer him the full resources of the city to help him turn his life around. It is so unfair to be arresting our underserved black criminals when all they need is more funding.

    1. Thomas Evenstad says:

      Dan, I am so glad to support this young man. We need more people like you to stand up to oppression. A big hip hip hooray for you.

  2. Rob says:

    78 / 12 = 6.5 years.

    Seems like a slap on the wrist.

  3. TCRIME WATCH says:

    There’s a vacancy at Eden Park Apts.

  4. Mike Coxin says:

    Well god damn, it’s a black man shooting again!

    Mayor Ditzy Hodges, you let another one slip thru the cracks.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From WCCO | CBS Minnesota

Good Question

Listen Live