Chelsea Clinton Talks Motherhood, Philando Castile At Mpls. Rally

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — The Hillary Clinton campaign continues to push for support here in Minnesota.

On Thursday, Chelsea Clinton spent time in south Minneapolis rallying for her mother to a crowd of many from the city’s Latino and Somali communities.

It’s the third time in four days that the Clinton camp has sent a high-powered surrogate to Minnesota.

On Monday, Planned Parenthood President Cecile Richards was in the state, and, on Tuesday, Sen. Bernie Sanders held rallies in Minneapolis and Duluth.

When talking with WCCO, Chelsea Clinton says she’s frustrated by what she calls misconceptions about her mom.

“I don’t understand the caricature of my mom,” she said in an interview with WCCO. “I wish more people could see the huggable, lovable, hilarious side of her that I see now when we are together, with my children, and that I have known my whole life.”

Both in the interview and in an appearance before a crowd of supporters, the 36-year-old mother of two stressed how being a parent has changed her political outlook.

“As proud as I am of my mom, and I am ridiculously and fiercely proud of her, this election is so much more personal to me because I am now a mom,” Chelsea Clinton said.

She fielded questions from the audience, including one from 9-year-old Chille Bergstrom, who said Philando Castille was his best friend and had worked at his school.

“And I am really sad that he passed away,” Bergstrom said.

In response to Bergstrom’s question, Chelsea Clinton said that the country has a lot of work to do when it comes to helping everyone, regardless of skin color, reach their “God-given potential.”

The Donald Trump campaign in Minnesota responded to the visit by the Democratic nominee’s daughter by saying that she was brought in to help “manufacture enthusiasm” among young people in the state.

As for the polls, Hillary Clinton is ahead but it’s still within the margin of error, and a recent conservative poll said the race is tied in Minnesota.

The Clinton campaign doesn’t plan on easing up on courting Minnesota voters. Chelsea Clinton will be back here on Tuesday to campaign in Rochester.

More from Esme Murphy

1. Rob says:

If you like having your kids in inferior public schools being taught to be gay and dependent on the government…..

….by all means, vote for Hillary.

If you want you kids to have a chance at the American dream….

….vote for Trump.

2. Concerned about this says:

Hey Chelsea…. being a woman yourself, how do you feel about knowing that your father has abused the likes of 20 some women and your mom helps cover it up…. but she’s for women’s right you say? Just not ‘those’ women I guess. Such hypocrites.

1. Buffalo Bob says:

You’re confusing her biological father, Webb Hubbell, with Hillary’s husband, BJ Clinton.

3. Bud Smith says:

Another elite millionaire coming to tell poor people how to vote…

What a joke.

4. Mike Coxin says:

I bet Esme Murphy had wet panties talking about a Clinton. She was probably disappointed it wasn’t slick Willy though.

1. Tom Evenstad says:

Right you are Mike. And I am glad you brought up the incontinence problem. It is time this is brought to light. It isn’t well known that this is also a problem for submissive gay males such as you and I who need a solution to our wet panty problem. I know you stand with me in searching for a cure to this problem of ours.

1. Mike Coxin says:

Oh was there any mention of gay until you brought it up? Something tells me you have gay issues and prefer to talk about them via the WCCZERO comment board. You should probably seek counseling for that.

1. Dan Mack says:

Mike, there is no sense denying what we all know. You are obviously a gay man. Time to fess up and come out. I felt so relieved when I did. I’d love to get together with you some time.

5. leftofright says:

So nice to know that the woman that has a nanny raising her kid is telling everyone else how hard it is. Also so nice to know that Ms. Clinton supports Philando Castile driving around with a loaded gun on his lap, with drugs in the car, with his MARRIED girl friend, with a kid in the backseat not listening to police officers orders…. Apparently we all need to vote democrat, because then laws do not apply to us….

6. MNguy says:

Such negative comments here, boys. What about the shooting near the North Regional library today??

7. Mike Coxin says:

She looks like Mr Ed

1. Dan Mack says:

Mike, that wasn’t very nice of you. We both know that you support Hillary in her historic quest. How about a big public apology from you to make us all feel better.

8. THE SCOUT! says:

how about Billy her dad raping women…any comment on that

1. Mike Coxin says:

You are a pig. You have no evidence of such an act because one never happened. Unlike your pal trump who is talking about grabbing the —– of married women when he was married to his current wife. You and Trump are both pigs.

9. Bill Clinton Pedophile Island Child Rapist says:

Why does Chelsea defend her raaapist father, former President Bill Clinton? Bill Clinton has been to pedophile island at least 12 times. Why isn’t WCCO talking about that? His billionaire friend was given a slap on the wrist for bringing in dozens of 12-16 year old girls to his Florida estate to engage in slave raaape sessions. Bill Clinton was listed on dozens of flights from this billionaire to his estate. Secret Service agents refuse to answer questions. So Chelsea supports the raaape of little girls? Yes, she does. Anything for $$$.

“Jeffrey Epstein, the “billionaire pedophile” who was CONVICTED of keeping under aged girls as sex slaves on his private island, was long known to be friendly with former President Bill Clinton. Original reports had Clinton on Epstein’s personal 727 only 11 times, however the flight logs obtained by Associated Press have him flying more than twice that amount.”

10. Mike Coxin says:

As a strong supporter of Hillary Clinton and the Democratic Party, I urge all of you to actively support her and all of the candidates of the Democratic Party. We need to purge the world of people who identify as a GOP’er. The world will be a better place.

1. Mike Coxin says:

Oh look, you created an email and gave it the same name so you can continue your gay talk.

Oh you are so witty!