Police: 2 Stabbed At Mall Of America, Suspect Arrested

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Authorities say a suspect was arrested Sunday night after two people were stabbed at the Mall of America.

The Bloomington Police Department says the incident happened at about 5:30 p.m. on the third level of the east side of the mall. Police say there was an altercation, and two people were stabbed.

One of the victims was transported to Hennepin County Medical Center. The other victim was sent to Fairview Southdale Hospital. Both stabbing victims suffered non-life threatening upper body injuries. A suspect was arrested at the scene, and police say the victims and suspect knew each other.

Police identified the suspect as 33-year-old Jonathan Tadeo Bello Sanchez of Richfield.

1. Klancy the Clueless Liberal says:

We need common sense knife control now.

2. Dan says:

I was there when it happened with my wife and 2 small kids. It was awful. I’m grateful for the security that showed up as quickly as they could before someone was potentially killed. So many people standing around with their phones out.

1. Dan Mack says:

dan w says we need to import hundreds of thousands more of these criminals. They only come here to the Socialist Village for a better life. How can you blame them ? Mayor Betsy has pledged every resource available to these criminals so they can turn their lives around. They just need more funding, not incarceration and or deportation. We have the high rise welfare towers and thug lines in place to shuttle them back and forth to the malls, so we are moving in the right direction, we just aren’t importing them fast enough.

1. Dan says:

I’m extremely confused on what this fight/stabbing has to do with importing, a Socialist Village, deportation or whatever. Please keep whatever political thoughts you have about this event out of it because my comment has nothing to do with that. If your thoughts on this has something to do with race or nationality then it is completely shortsighted.

1. Dan Mack says:

That is the proper attitude comrade Dan. Continued and escalating violence with deadly weapons in the midst of women and children in public places between groups that know each other by individuals known to government group task force personnel is nothing to be concerned about. The public is not in danger. I am pleased that you are satisfied with everything here in the Socialist Village, and remind you to feel free to cast as many votes as you can, no-ID required, to see that our protected Socialist Village point groups continue to operate freely in the mall, downtown, and in north Minneapolis.

1. Dan says:

Clearly your political agenda here is more important than asking questions about what happened. You know zero, may I repeat, zero about what happened yesterday unless you were there to witness it. Were you there? If not, the only thing you are basing your political rhetoric is off of the suspect’s name. That is beyond ridiculous seeing as you are blatantly discriminating and being racist based on a name. That is unacceptable to me and deeply disturbing. I would be more than happy to discuss what happened, but apparently you have it all figured out on your own.

1. Dan Mack says:

” So many people standing around with their phones out.” Obamaphones are real handy for taking video of group beat-downs and assaults for posting to group member’s facebook pages. Did you get some good shots ?

1. Dan says:

My concern was for my wife and my kids. Sorry, but I find nothing entertaining about watching people beating each other up or trying to kill each other. I also find nothing humorous about what you have implied in any of your comments.

1. Dan Mack says:

These isolated incidents of group violence present no danger to the public. You really must try a bit harder to adjust to the new demographics, the new normal.

2. Mike Coxin says:

Right you are my little gay lover. You were great last night. That new scented Vaseline was sweet. What are you doing on Thursday? Meet at GOP headquarters again?