MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Even more musicians are being added to an already impressive lineup for the Official Prince Tribute show in St. Paul Thursday.
In mid-September, Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khan, Christina Aguilera and John Mayer were announced as some of the stars who will participate in the tribute concert. Minnesota’s Mint Condition, NPG and 3rdEyedGirl were also amongst the slated performers, along with Morris Day and the Time, Tori Kelly, Anita Baker, Doug E. Fresh, Luke James, Bilal, Judith Hill and Liv Warfield.
Then, on Tuesday, officials with the event announced even more additions:
• X Factor judge and former Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger, who penned an emotional tribute to the artist upon his death, saying “I will remember him as my dear friend, a brother, mentor and my inspiration”
• Prince ex-wife, dancer Mayte Garcia along with Maya and Nandy McClean, also known as The Twinz who toured the globe with Prince for over seven years
• Internationally recognized Portuguese Fado singer Ana Moura, who Prince regularly featured in his international performances
• Many generations of the New Power Generation including the world class singers and musicians Marva King, Shelby J, Elisa Fiorello Dease and Kip Blackshire
• Saxophonist Michael Phillips, the only musician in the world to have recorded and toured with the legendary “Big Three” of American soul music: Stevie Wonder, Michael Jackson and Prince
• Prince’s childhood best friend and former bandmate, André Cymone
• DJ Dudley, the touring DJ for Prince and The New Power Generation
Officials say fans are encouraged to gather at Xcel Energy Center beginning at 4 p.m. for an outdoor preshow party on Kellogg Boulevard between Gates 1 and 2.